Discipling the next generation to know God, trust God and obey God
for the fame of His name
Disciple City Junior (Early Childhood) is a program dedicated to providing a Godly, secure & loving environment for children as young as 18 months and up through the preschool years. Our group represents some of FCC's youngest members! Classes include age-appropriate lessons, music, crafts and a snack. Classes take place during the Sunday services and use materials from Children Desiring God. We believe that even a young child can and should understand basic truths from the Bible...e.g. God created everything, Jesus loves me, etc. Because we use CDG materials for all ages, truths & principles are reinforced and built upon as the child grows. Learn more about why we made changes >>
Children are separated into two classes to meet their needs: 18 month-3 years and 3-5 years. Children will have a student workbook. The books will stay at the church, but worksheets and supplemental material will be sent home w/the child each week. This material recognizes the parent's responsibility to teach their children and connects the parents with their children in this learning process.
Security & Safety Policies
- Identification system
- At the time of drop off, the child is issued an ID tag, which is attached to the child's back.
- The child's ID tag is assigned a number. In case of emergency or illness (or if a child cannot be soothed after 15 min), the child's number is displayed on the overhead screen during the service.
- Children should be dropped off and picked up by a parent/guardian.
- Snacks are free from ingredients that would trigger a peanut allergy.
- All teachers & helpers are subject to a DCI background check before they are allowed to volunteer.